Translation, Editing By George Ts.
Things you should know before you start re-designing your Website
When discussing about a site re-design. certain things pop in mind.
- Modify the template (where and how specific things are shown)
- Modify the html elements and media (like the titles, the colors, the font, etc. and create new and more futuristic images)
- Modify certain functional elements (like contact forms, search bars, eShop carts, etc.)
Make it as easy as possible to browse your Website. Give your visitors a clear and visible image of what they are looking at. Do not forget to use all the known browsers in order to check the site’s full functionality. Use user-friendly URL’s and maximize your speed!
Still wanna build a new website?
Here we go!
- Take out some paper and a pen and write down your basic goals. What are the functions of your Website? How would you like to display them to a visitor?
- Visit competitors’ Websites, take ideas (ideas are free and it is not a bad thing to get a few from other people)
- Pin down the personas of your Website. A persona is a visitor model that has a name, an age, and some online habits. For instance, Sam, who is 19 years old and likes gadgets, will probably visit a gadget shop to find what he is looking for.
- It’s all about the statistics. The number of visitors, the bounce rate and the on-site time are good advisers, to figure out the patterns of your audience. Use them wisely!